FIJET (Fédération Internationale des Journalistes et Ecrivains du Tourisme; in English World Federation of Travel Journalists and Writers) is a professional organization of travel journalists and travel writers.
The principal and permanent objectives of FIJET are:
- To study conditions necessary for the development of tourism and for the right to enjoy leisure activities in all countries,
- To contribute to the distribution of freely available, objective, complete, and original information of the highest quality on tourism matters while complying with the ethics of the journalist profession,
- To provide a link between tourism authorities and the general public,
- To enable members of National Associations to carry out their functions through implementation of information journeys known as press trips or familiarization (FAM) trips,
- To set up documentation centers to support activities of the Federation and the National Associations,
- To enhance the stature of journalists and tourism writers in the eyes of the public and of organizations involved with tourism,
- To encourage the specialization of young journalists in tourism and the creation of an International Center for tourism,
- To foster the foundation of National Associations of Journalists and Tourism Writers in all countries,
- To organize International Conferences
- To publish professional printed and online publications dedicated to tourism and tourism issues and journalistic efforts related to tourism.